Monday 11 February 2008

Apologies...

This ranked as one of the best excuses I have ever heard for not turning up to a writing group - so suggested it was posted here :-)

Hi Shani…

sorry but I'm not going to be able to get to the meeting this Thursday. Put it this way, as you're all arriving I shall be shooting down Wedmore Vale on my bike (trying to set off the 30mph sign as I go) then, as you're all discussing stuff over your tea and biscuits I shall be on a train – total transformation from frenetic cyclist to totally still observer of people, traffic, windows….

As you get to your break I shall be sat on a seat 6ft in the air travelling approximately 56mph and somewhere about Monmouthshire. This is fun for me and earns me a livelihood – but it means I miss out on CedarWriters and that's not good.

Please convey my apologies to poetical Roy, intriguing Leslie, James the actor, bright bright Elaine, Tracey with an 'e' (or am I wrong there?!), historical Pat, ever opening Jackie and the awesomely artistic Sarah. Oh and anybody else I've not yet met.

Hi to you too Shani (but you already knew that cos this e-mail was originally sent to you…!

Pete

(I shall be back… though not in the Terminator sense….!!)

No comments: